Hollis has a Safety Plan that is in compliance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA). This plan has been shared with our staff and is regularly practiced with our students.
- All APS schools are required to have at least one Safety Coordinator who is required to participate in annual trainings, as well as review and revise the School’s Safety Plan.
- Safety plans are reviewed and approved by the Office of Safety and Security and the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department.
- Our school practices emergency drills such as Evacuation, Lock-Down, Weather, Fire, Bus Evacuation, and Earthquake (CPR/AED for Staff).
- Every school has staff on hand trained in CPR/AED and First Aid. We also have a full-time nurse.
- Our administrators and Office of Safety and Security have direct access to our camera monitoring system.
If there is an emergency during which we must leave or evacuate the school, there are procedures in place. During such an event, Hollis will work in conjunction with the Office of Safety and Security and the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department to notify parents via emergency messaging. Parents are asked to keep contact information updated in the event of emergencies.