Atlanta Public Schools (APS) provides two opportunities to receive meals for your children:
Seven-day meal kits (7 breakfasts and 7 lunch meals) are distributed each Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. through Wednesday, May 19 at the 10 curbside pick-up locations listed below:
- Carver High School
- Frederick Douglass High School
- John Hope-Charles Walter Hill Elementary School
- Maynard Jackson High School
- Jean Childs Young Middle School
- Bolton Academy
- Garden Hills Elementary School
- South Atlanta High School
- Bunche Middle School
- Booker T. Washington High School
Meals are also distributed on on Wednesdays on the designated school bus routes listed at the bottom of this page from 2 p.m. to 4:30 pm.
Seven-day meal kits are also distributed each Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon through Saturday, May 22 at the following locations:
- Hutchinson Elementary Parking Lot
- Hightower Station Shopping Center Parking Lot - 2636 Martin Luther King Dr. SW
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Nutrition at 404.802.2540, and check back on this page for information and dates regarding FREE summer meals.
Alternatively, curbside pick-up is available at these 10 school locations from 2 PM – 4:30 PM.
- Carver High School, 55 McDonough Blvd. Atlanta, GA 30315
- Frederick Douglass High School, 225 Hamilton E. Holmes Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- John Hope-Charles Walter Hill Elementary School, 112 Boulevard NE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Maynard Jackson High School, 801 Glenwood Ave. SE, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Jean Childs Young, 3116 Benjamin E. Mays DR SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
North Atlanta Cluster
- Bolton Academy, 2268 Adams Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Garden Hills Elementary School, 285 Sheridan Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
South Atlanta Cluster
- South Atlanta High School, 800 Hutchens Rd. SE, Atlanta, GA 30354
- Bunche Middle School, 1925 Niskey Lake Rd. SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Booker T. Washington High School, 45 Whitehouse Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 30314
Please contact the APS Nutrition Department at 404-802-2540 with any questions.
Pandemic – Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
During the 2019-2020 school year, all APS schools participated in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program, therefore all APS students are eligible to receive P-EBT benefits.
The P-EBT program is administered by the Georgia Department of Family Children Services (DFCS). DFCS has issued P-EBT benefits for students who had not requested their benefit card during the initial P-EBT rollout beginning in July. Parents are currently receiving P-EBT cards in the mail for their students for the reimbursement value for school meals missed during the spring months (March-May 2020) during the COVID-19 school shut down.
Per DFCS, P-EBT benefits are non-transferable and cannot be shared with others that need assistance but were not eligible for P-EBT. Families not interested in receiving P-EBT should destroy the P-EBT card.
Parents may contact DFCS at 404-657-3433 with any questions.