BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION POLICY
All Board meetings are open to the public.
Time is set aside at each regularly scheduled meeting to provide stakeholders the opportunity to address the Board. The public comment period is designed to gain input from the public and not for immediate responses by the Board to the public comments presented.
Individuals who wish to address the governing board at a Board meeting will be required to sign up in advance of the meeting by emailing the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Board Chair (email@example.com) at least 24 hours in advance.
- Speakers should be courteous and professional. The presiding Board officer may terminate public comments that are profane, vulgar, or defamatory.
- Speakers will be heard in the order in which they emailed in their request to speak.
- Speakers have three minutes each and must stop speaking promptly when signaled.
- The board reserves the right to cap the public comment period to the first seven individuals who sign up.
- Speakers may not address confidential student or personnel matters, but may submit such concerns to the Board in writing.
- Board members will not respond to the comments during the meeting. If follow-up is necessary, the appropriate staff or a representative of the Board will follow-up in a timely manner via email, letter, or telephone.
Board meeting agendas, minutes, budget, charter, and other important Board documents are kept in public Dropbox folders. You do not need a Dropbox account to view the folders or contents — simply press the “X” when it prompts you to login with an account.
Date & Time Location Address
July 18, 2019, 6:30-9:00 pm Kindezi Old Fourth Ward 386 Pine St. NE Atlanta, GA 30308
September 20, 2019, 8:00-10:30 am Kindezi West 286 Wilson Mill Rd. SW Atlanta, GA 30331
November 14, 2019, 6:30-9:00 pm Kindezi Old Fourth Ward 386 Pine St. NE Atlanta, GA 30308
January 24, 2020, 8:00-10:30 am Kindezi at Gideons 897 Welch St. SW Atlanta, GA 30310
April 20, 2020, 2:00-4:00 pm Kindezi Old Fourth Ward Virtual – email etalaska [at] kindezi . org for details
May 8, 2020, 8:00-10:30 am Kindezi Old Fourth Ward 386 Pine St. NE Atlanta, GA 30308
COMMITTEE MEETING SCHEDULE
- Governance Committee: The governance committee meetings occur on the fourth Friday of the month at 8:30 am at 950 Joseph E Lowery Blvd. NW Suite 18 Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Finance Committee: The Finance Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7:30 am at 950 Joseph E Lowery Blvd. NW Suite 18 Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Executive Committee: the Executive Committee meets on the second Friday of the month at 8:30 at various locations. Please see the posted agenda for the location.