The Atlanta Public Schools has an extensive set of protocols and information regarding the response to COVID-19 at the school and district level. Please use the following link to view it:
My Kid was exposed to, or tested positive for COVID-19; what do I do?
If your child tests positive for or is exposed to someone who is positive for COVID-19, you MUST complete the Self-Reporting Form:
This is for exposure in and outside of the home. This notification activates school-based quarantine protocols that allow for your child to participate in Virtual Instruction and excuses their absences.
My Kid is out on Quarantine; What Happens Next?
When a student is out on Quarantine due to exposure to, or positive case of, COVID-19, they should (as their health allows) join into the classroom teacher's simultaneous classroom.
What is Simultaneous Classroom?
- The student joins the Zoom Classroom using the link in Google Classroom and participates in "real-time" instruction along with the rest of their peers who are at school in person.
- The student is counted as Quarantine Present (QTR) due to their active participation in live (online) instruction.
- The student is expected to join their live classroom between 7:30a - 7:45a. They are expected to participate in a full day of instruction; until 2:45p.
- Students will submit assignments through Google Classroom or email (whichever the teacher requires).
Where do I find the link to join my teacher's Zoom Classroom?
- The links are posted on the grade level pages on our school website. Simply hold your mouse over the COVID-19 Response tab and you will find grade level pages with pictures, links, and schedules for each grade level.
- The links can also be found in the student's Google Classroom
What happens if my child doesn't join the live classrooms, are there other options?
- All students are expected to join the live, simultaneous classroom unless they are sick.
- If there are issues with the Internet (lack of internet), the parent should contact the school to have a HotSpot ordered.
- It takes at least a week to receive a Hot Spot, and they are only available while supplies last.
- Under limited circumstances, the teacher may provide packets to students in lower grades (PK - 1); and or use Class Dojo to upload and accept assignments.
- Failure to participate in simultaneous instruction may result in an unexcused absence.
Check out the guidelines from the Atlanta Public Schools below...