The Atlanta Virtual Academy (AVA) is a fully accredited online learning environment that is available to elementary, middle and high school students of Atlanta Public Schools. Because AVA is an NCAA-approved program it is ideal for today’s student athlete. Students can choose from among the four core subjects (English, Social Science, Math, Social Science), CTAE (Electives), Health/PE/Personal Fitness, World Language, AP, and Honors courses.
AVA is made up of full time teachers representing each of the core subjects, as well as a team of fully certified part-time teachers, an Academic Support Specialist, and a counselor all ready to provide a world class education for the 21st century learner. Students enrolled in AVA will engage with a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
AVA courses are accessible 24 hours a day via internet connected computers and/or mobile devices. It also provides the flexibility that is not available in a face-to-face setting.Why Atlanta Virtual Academy?Taking courses through AVA offers several advantages:
- AVA provides certified and experienced subject specific instructors that are focused on student success
- Students in grades 6-12 can work at their own pace as long as they meet minimum pace requirements
- Scheduled live instruction with your online teacher is available
- Real-time teacher interaction with 1 on 1 teacher sessions are available to students
- Students can access contant 24 hour/7 days a week course access, using any device
- Enrollment in AVA can accelerate graduation