About USThe Atlanta Virtual Academy (AVA) is a fully accredited online learning environment that is available to elementary, middle and high school students in the Atlanta Public Schools system. Because AVA is an NCAA approved program it is ideal for today’s student athlete. Students can choose courses from the four core subjects (English, Social Science, Math, Social Science), Health, PE, Physical Fitness, World Language, AP, and Honor Courses.
AVA is made up of full time teachers representing each of the core subjects, as well as a team of fully certified part-time teachers, a Academic Support Specialist, and a counselor all ready to provide a world class education for the 21st century learner. Students enrolled in AVA will face a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
AVA courses are accessible 24 hours a day via internet connected computers and/or mobile devices. It also provides the flexibility that is not available in a face-to-face setting.Why Atlanta Virtual Academy?
- AVA provides certified and experienced subject specific instructors that are focused on student success.
- Students in grades 6-12 can work at their own pace as long as they meet minimum pace requirements.
- Scheduled live instruction with your online teacher is available.
- Real-time teacher interaction with 1 on 1 teacher sessions are available to students.
- Students can access contant 24 hour/7 days a week course access, using any device.
- Enrollment in AVA can Accelerate graduation.