The mission of the B.E.S.T. (BEST Engineering, Science and Technology) is to provide a caring, collaborative and rigorous single-gender environment where the community of learners empowers scholars to be college and career ready.
100 Black Men
Our Vision is to create a high-performing single-gender exemplar that produces transformational leaders who contribute to the community.
Join the Brotherhood
Power Up 2020 Summer Program
APS Media Services Distance Learning Plan
Free meals for students during School Closures
Food & Nutrition - Free meals for kids during Coronavirus School Closures
- Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, all APS students can daily receive free bagged meals at 5 school sites that will be open for food distribution Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Douglass High School
- Cleveland Ave Elementary School
- Bunche Middle School
- Sylvan Middle School
- Phoenix Academy
- Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, APS partner, GOODR, will provide ready to eat meals at the following local community sites:
- Hosea Williams Feed The Hungry (4779 Mindy St. Atlanta, GA. 30366 * 404-755-3353)
- Food Pantry - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 10 a.m. - Noon
- Bring ID and Social Security Card
- Loaves and Fishes @ St.John the Wonderworker Parish (543 Cherokee Ave., SE Atlanta, GA. 30312 * 678-373-9433)
- Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, all APS families can report to one of the 5 open APS school sites Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. to receive a bag of shelf stable grocery items from the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Distance Learning Student Weekly Schedule
The Atlanta College and Career Academy (ACCA) will provide more access to career pathways and prepare APS students for high-demand technical careers aligned with the economic and workforce needs of Atlanta and across Georgia. Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, ACCA will serve up to 1000 students and offer 14 career pathways at its newly renovated 1090 Windsor Street location. Open enrollment begins Dec. 9, 2019 and ends Jan. 2, 2020. Learn more.