Meals are available to children 18 years old or younger, or 22 years old or younger for children with special needs. Children must be present to receive the meal and be counted for required state and federal recordkeeping. Families are encouraged to pull up with their children in a drive-thru style for service, and should remain in their vehicle while receiving their food. Walk-ups are welcome.
Atlanta Public Schools and outside organizations are offering food distribution at sites around Atlanta. Click or scroll down to learn more about APS Food Distribition sites and Non-APS Organizations providing food distribution services.
To help locate additional sources for food
text FINDFOOD to 888-976-2232 | enviar un mensaje de texto leyendo COMIDA a 888-976-2232
APS Food Distribution Sites
* Discount available for as long as APS can continue to sustain these services up until April 10.
Anyone under 18-years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
APS is currently closed for Spring Break. Food distribution will resume Monday, April 13.
After Spring Break, beginning Monday, April 13, Weekly Food Distribution will take place on Mondays ONLY at our 10 Anchor Sites listed below. Bus delivery will still occur 10 a.m. to Noon, also on Mondays only.
- Food is available via drive thru and walk up
- Food distribution includes five-day meal bags with five breakfast meals and five lunch meals. Food will also be delivered using the bus schedule here.
- A bag of weekly groceries will be available at the five anchor sites below in GREEN.
Food distribution is from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Mondays ONLY beginning April 13 at these anchor sites:
- Bunche Middle School - 1925 Niskey Lake Rd., SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Cleveland Avenue Elementary School - 2672 Old Hapeville Rd., SW, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Douglass High School - 225 Hamilton E Holmes Dr., NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Phoenix Academy (formerly Alonzo Crim High School) - 256 Clifton St., SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
- Sylvan Hills Middle School - 1461 Sylvan Rd., SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Booker T. Washington High School - 45 Whitehouse Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 3031
- Hope-Hill Elementary School - 112 Boulevard NE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- King Middle School - 545 Hill St SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Thomasville Heights Elementary School - 1820 Henry Thomas Dr. SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Young Middle School - 3116 Benjamin E Mays Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
*Our North Atlanta Cluster and Briarcliff communities will continue to receive distribution support by the ESOL office. For questions contact 404-802-7580.
Non-APS Food Distribution Organizations
- The Atlanta Community Food Bank has more than 50 sites for food distribution. APS does not manage the hours or service at these food distribution sites. Families should contact the food distribution sites directly for information about their hours, service, and any other requirements for food. Click here to see the full list of food distribution sites through the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- Additionally, the organizations listed below are offering food pantries at the noted locations and times:
Organization Name Adress Phone Pantry hours Additional Info Cluster Clifton United Methodist Church 2918 Clifton Church Rd., SE Atlanta, GA 3018 404-241-3388 3rd Wednesdays 10:00 am - 12:30 pm Not in the APS cluster Feeding GA Families 6000 Rivertown Rd, VFW 6449 Fairburn GA 30213 678-223-3663 Mondays 6:00pm to 8:00pm
The non-profit serves Fulton County that is OTP I-20 West and OTP I-85 South; however, no one is turned away. They refer families, the homeless, and single moms among others to places to get free food.
Not in the APS cluster For Hosea Williams Feed the Hungry and Homeless 4779 Mindy Dr. Atlanta, Georgia 30336 404-755-3353 Tuesday - Thursday-10:00 am - 12 noon) **ID and Soc. Sec. card required for ALL occupants***
A soup kitchen is for the homeless, children, and people who were evicted.
Mays Cluster Salvation Army- North Druid Hills Unit/Atlanta Temple Corps 2090 N. Druid Hills Road Atlanta, Georgia 30329 404-486-2800 Tuesday-Friday 9:00 am - 11:30 am and 1:00 -4:00 pm
Social services and emergency financial assistance is offered. Programs can provide Christmas gifts, food boxes, summer meals to school students, and funds for rent or cooling bills. More on food assistance from Atlanta Salvation Army.
Not in the APS cluster Toco Hills Community Alliance St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church 1790 LaVista Rd., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30329 404-325-0677 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1:00 pm-4:00 pm Not in the APS cluster North Fulton Community Charities 11270 Elkins Rd., Roswell, Georgia 30076 770-640-0399 Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Cities covered include Crabapple, Johns Creek, Haynes Bridge, and Roswell Georgia.
Not in the APS cluster Oak Hill, Child, Family and Adolescent Center 2806 Metropolitan Avenue Atlanta, Georgia 30315 404-612-6756 Fridays 10:00 am -2:00 pm S. Atlanta Cluster Providence Missionary Baptist Church 2295 Benjamin E. Mays Dr., SW Atlanta, Georgia 30311 404-752-6869 - Option 5 Fridays - 10am - Noon (ID is required) Mays Cluster Southwest Ecumenical Emergency Assistance 1040 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd, SW Atlanta, Georgia 30310 404-756-1699 Wednesdays and Thursdays- 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Located inside of W. Hunter Bapt. Church- Assistance includes a food pantry, soup kitchen, as well as Christmas and Thanksgiving meals. They help the low income, minorities, Spanish speakers and others. Everything from baby formula to snacks for kids, bottled water, and other food may be offered in Fulton County.
Washington Cluster Midtown Assistance Center Inc., 30 Porter Pl., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30308 404-681-5777 By Appointment and select zip code only
In addition to food, a number of other social services and financial aid is offered. Apply for food, help for bills, rent, clothing, and access a thrift store. This is a regional social service agency, and staff can also help clients apply for SNAP food stamps, summer meals for students or The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
Lee-Stelzer Heritage Research Museum, Inc 372 Sisson Avenue., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30317 404-373-6327 Monday - Friday 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Call first to ensure that someone is there to dist. food
Jackson Cluster First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta 1328 Peachtree St., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30309 (404) 228-7766 Monday and Wednesdays 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In addition to distributing free food in Fulton County, the agency may have canned goods, personal hygiene products, and personal toiletries.
Atlanta Inner City Ministry
1966 Lakewood Terrace, Atlanta, Georgia 30315
March 26th-11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Supports the city and metro region. Very low income families and the homeless are some of the main clients. Both perishable and canned goods are available in Atlanta.
Briarcliff Baptist Church 3039 Briarcliff Rd., NE Atlanta, GA 30329
Offering prepared bags available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays,Thursdays between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Speak to a counselor to arrange for perishable and nonperishable food, as well as get information on assistance programs.
Not in the APS cluster
Rock Church of Atlanta
638 Glenwood Ave. SE Atlanta, GA 30312
This food pantry serves both DeKalb and Fulton Counties. Drivers License and Social Security card is required to receive food.
Not in the APS cluster
- The YMCA is also providing meal pick-ups at the locations below. Click on the location names for more information:
2220 Campbellton Road SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30311
Service: Drive thru pick up lunch, 11:30am - 1:30pm Monday – Friday
555 Luckie Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30313
Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday – Friday3260 Northside Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30305Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday – Friday2140 Newton Drive, Covington, GA 30014Service: Pick up bagged lunches in Youth Center, 11:00am - 1:00pm Monday - Friday
2565 Snapfinger Road, Decatur, Georgia 30034
Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday – Friday
5605 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain, Georgia 30088
Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday – Friday1600 Pryor Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30315Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday – Friday