The Atlanta Public Schools Transportation Department is here to help families with everything you need to know if your student is an APS bus rider. For immediate assistance, please contact the Transportation Call Center at 404-802-5500 on school days from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Call Center is now open for the 2023-24 school year! El Centro de Llamadas de Transporte de APS esta abierto todos los dias de clases con ayuda disponible en espanol. Marque 404-802-5500 entre las 5:30 a.m. a 7 p.m.
Here are some things you need to know for this school year:
- Ensure that your child’s address has been updated with your school. This will help you when you need to use the Here Comes The Bus app (or, if your student rides a First Student bus, the FIRSTview app - please see the information below.)
- It is critically important that you keep your address and contact information up-to-date to receive important messages, including messages about route delays and changes.
- Look for the informational postcard (sent to regular riders attending their zoned schools) in your mailbox by July 28, 2023.
- Expect a phone call from us the last week of July if your student has a disability and has been recommended for specialized transportation. We will provide your bus number, stop, and times. It is important to ensure your phone contact information is correct.
- Be aware that masks are optional on all APS school buses.
Visit the main APS Transportation web page for even more information, and to use the Bus Stop Locator tool. Also, we recommend you click on the Here Comes The Bus tab on this page to learn more about the app we use to help you with bus location information in real time.
Information for First Student Bus Riders
APS parents, if your student is transportation-eligible and attends John Lewis Invictus Academy, Usher-Collier Elementary, Boyd Elementary, Peyton Forest Elementary, Harper Archer Elementary, Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy, B.E.S.T. Academy or Hollis Innovation Academy, we want you to know about the new bus-tracking application being launched by First Student Inc., our vendor who provides your transportation services.
The app is called FIRSTview, and it will allow you to track your student’s bus and receive messages about school bus delays and substitutions. The APS Transportation Department encourages you to sign up for and download FIRSTview on your Android, Apple i-Phone, or other device. Please locate the email message that was sent to you regarding how to sign up for FIRSTview. If you did not receive that email, contact the Transportation Call Center at 404-802-5500.
Please be aware, if you have multiple APS students, you may need to use both the Here Comes The Bus and FIRSTview apps to monitor your children's routes.