For travel guidance purposes, the District continues to follow CDC recommendations. Please note, APS has not adopted a travel "policy." However, travel and quarantine guidance for employees is provided in the Employee Handbook, which includes a link to the most recent guidance issued by the CDC (Domestic Travel During COVID-19 | CDC).
Furthermore, the CDC is recommending that people who are unvaccinated should not travel for the Labor Day holiday weekend as Covid-19 cases surge.
Critical Days September 7-10 for APS Employees
The Office of Human Resources continuously monitors employee attendance and substitute placement trends. Based on patterns since the start of the school year, the work days from September 7 – 10 are being designated as “critical days” for employee attendance for all staff. This means that:
- Employees should follow attendance policies for critical days,
- All foreseeable leave requests should be submitted at least one week in advance, including the need to quarantine after travel for unvaccinated employees,
- Personal leave requests will be limited and subject to supervisor approval,
- Sick leave will require medical documentation,
- No professional learning leave should be taken, and
- For absences that do not receive a substitute, schools will reassign certified staff from within the building and certified district office staff will be on call to work in schools as needed.
Remember, the health and well-being of all of our employees continue to be the District’s top priority. Please attend the engagement sessions next week to receive real-time updates, ask questions, and hear from medical professionals. Again, for more information, visit https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/StaffTesting. For all other questions or additional information, please contact Human Resources here.