Voluntary Transfer Process Overview
The APS Office of Human Resources is pleased to officially open the voluntary transfer period. In accordance with Board policy, certified personnel may request consideration for reassignment or transfer once a year during this period. In other words, teachers, counselors, and media specialists are able to apply to other school site locations, without penalty.
The information on this page and links to additional information (located on left-hand side of this page) will help answer your questions about the voluntary transfer process. The following short illustrates the submission process in six steps.
Voluntary Transfer Application Flow
Note: Unfortunately, given the ratio of interested staff to principals, we cannot guarantee an interview for all that apply to positions. We encourage you to upload any additional information that will be useful to principals as they screen for interview selection.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must be currently employed as a teacher, media specialist, paraprofessional or counselor position (unless approved by HR).
- Must not have received a contractual difficulty letter.
- Must not have been placed on a professional development plan during the current school year.
- Eligible staff must hold a certificate in available content areas.
- Staff assigned to closing or merging schools are eligible to apply for listed positions.
How long will I be able to submit a Voluntary Transfer Request form?
You will be able to access the Voluntary Transfer Form March 1, 2019 – April 15, 2019.
How to Apply?
There several position listings available at different schools throughout the district. The link below will take you to the Position Listing Page. There you will find listings searchable in two different ways.
1. Click on the “Apply Now” button below. The listing of positions will display.
2. You can search using the “Search” feature listed at the top of the page.
3) Or, you can simply scroll down the page to see the various positions available.
4) Once you have identified a position that you would like to apply for, click the “view” icon next to the position name.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the position description page and click “Login and Apply”.