Calling all Staff - You don’t want to miss this opportunity to earn extra cash!
We are looking for talented, dedicated special education teachers to join Team APS. If you know a special education educator who may be a great fit for APS, you could earn $500 for referring them, if they are hired! Please read the rules and complete the referral form.
There are two (2) incentives for referrals:
Incentive 1: APS staff will earn a $500.00 bonus for each referral (submitted through our official form) that is hired as a special education teacher.
Incentive 2: The school with the most referrals submitted by May 1 will receive a school-wide breakfast by May 31, 2020.
- All referrals must be submitted directly to the Talent Management Team via the official referral program form at https://tinyurl.com/APSReferrals. Referrals submitted to any other person or team (i.e. a school leader, leadership team, or grade team) or through another forum (e.g. email or text) are not eligible for the bonus.
- The first staff person to send the referral’s name will receive the $500 bonus. If someone refers a candidate who is already referred to a position during the same academic year, they are ineligible for a bonus.
- Only one staff member can get “credit” for each referral. Multiple staff members cannot write their name on a referral form in an attempt to split a bonus.
- The $500.00 incentive is payable to the first 40 special education teacher hires for school year 2020-21. (Hire credit will be based on the onboarding date of the new hire)
Referrers in any of the following categories are not eligible for a financial bonus:
- Members of the HR Team
- The hiring manager for that given role
- School-Based administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, School Business Managers)
- Payouts for referral bonuses will occur twice a year
- May 31, 2020, for hires between February 1, 2020, and May 1, 2020
- July 15, 2020, for hires between May 1, 2020, and June 30, 2020
- To receive a bonus, you must be an APS employee on the date of the bonus disbursement.
- Referred candidates must apply for the position online at www.apsrecruits.us and meet minimum qualifications.
- Referred candidates must be certified by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and deemed “in-field” for their special education teacher assignment.
- Referred candidates must be hired by APS, sign a contract for the 2020-21 school year, successfully pass APS background check and pre-hire credential validation, AND assigned to a special education teacher position.
- This incentive is limited to the first 40 special education teacher hires. To be determined by the onboarding date noted in the HR system of record.
APS Referring Employee Requirements and Suggestions:
Take 5 minutes to submit referrals through the district referral form: https://tinyurl.com/APSReferrals. Submittal of this form is required to be eligible for the reward incentive.
- Suggestion: Look through your phone contacts, social platforms, etc. to identify teachers you know
- Suggestion: Referrals can be former colleagues, friends, friends of a friend, or teachers you met at a conference