Atlanta Public Schools (APS) remains focused on ensuring the health and safety of our students and staff in our schools and buildings. We want to remind everyone of our APSProtects approach, which encompasses our comprehensive COVID-19 health and mitigation protocols:
- Testing and Vaccinations: Our district will continue to provide weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing in our schools and buildings. Learn more below about our new more convenient e-consent form for parents and staff. We continue to encourage everyone ages 5 years old or older to take the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is widely available throughout our community, and the Fulton County Board of Health has several options available as well, including mobile units. See more details below. Boosters are available, and encouraged, for those who are eligible.
- #MaskOptional: Atlanta Public Schools (APS) will continue to have a Mask Optional protocol for all faculty, staff, students, and visitors in all APS buildings.
- Safety and Cleaning: Atlanta Public Schools is constantly working proactively to keep our students and staff healthy and safe, especially in our COVID-19 environment.
- Quarantine Guidance: As part of the district’s Health and Safety Guidelines, APS has prepared Quarantine and Isolation Protocols that include specific details on who needs to quarantine after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case and who doesn’t need to quarantine after exposure. These protocols also include information about what counts as a close contact.
- COVID Weekly Case Report: This report summarizes COVID-19 cases and associated exposures reported to school and district staff from Saturday to Friday, including positives from surveillance testing, among students and staff who have been on-campus for school, work, or extracurriculars.