The district’s goal has always been to keep our schools open for in-person instruction. We regularly monitor public health data to determine if our buildings are safe for our students, teachers and staff.
The APS Facilities Department follows EPA and CDC recommendations for sanitizing our schools and work environment. Some of our efforts include:
- If a COVID-19 case is identified, we will deep clean, which involves cleaning and disinfecting surfaces within classrooms or high-touch areas.
- Installed hand sanitizing stations in common areas
- Providing disinfectant and paper towels in classrooms as needed
- Atlanta Public Schools has conducted water quality testing in schools, stadiums, and administrative facilities. (Facilities Website: View Informational Letter & Frequently Asked Questions)
* Learn more about the chemicals we use to clean our buses and facilities by clicking on each for a detailed description: