PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATIONOur Parent Teacher Association's (PTA) goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. We normally meet once a month. Through PTA initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
WHEN DOES THE PTA MEET?
The PTA offically meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 6pm. Please see the school's master calendar for eachmonth's event details.*Due to COVID-19 and virtual school engagement, for the 2020-2021 school year, dates for the virtual meetings are:September 15thOctober 27thDecember 8thApril 13th*All meetings will start at 6:00 pm and Zoom links will be provided on the website and MAJ social media outlets. If school returns face-to-face, meetings will be held in the gym.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
- Supports and organizes school-wide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conducts fundraising for school activities
- Assists with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTA?The PTA membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts . Contact our school for information regarding membership meetings, dues and activities.