The Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl is a reading competition that was created by a librarian named Helen Ruffin. She wanted to foster a love for reading in all students. To participate in the reading bowl competition, a school will have to put together a team of 4th and 5th grade dedicated students that will read and be able to answer questions from the 2019 Georgia Book Award Nominees. Below is a list of the titles for this year’s reading bowl. If you are interested in joining the CAE Reading Bowl Team, please see Ms. Merriell, the Media Specialist.
2022-2023 Helen Ruiffin Reading Bowl List
- Baptist, K. J. (2020). Isaiah Dunn is my hero. Crown Books for Young Readers.
- Berry, J. (2021). Hope springs. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
- Fipps, L. (2021). Starfish. Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Gennari, Jennifer. (2021). Muffled. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.
- Holm, J. L. (2021). The lion of Mars. Random House Books for Young Readers.
- LaMotte, L. (2020). Measuring up (A. Xu, Illus.). HarperAlley.
- McAnulty. S. (2020). Millionaires for the month. Random House Books for Young Readers.
- Nisson, S. (2021). Power up. Clarion Books.
- Royce, E. (2021). Root magic. Magic Pond Press.
- Standish, A. (2020). How to disappear completely. HarperCollins.