Instruction for the social studies curriculum comes from:
- Atlanta Public Schools Units of Study
- Social Studies Weekly
- Brain Pop & Brain Pop, Jr. (additional resource for enchancement)
Social studies instruction is implemented based on the following:
- Reading and writing is integrated into social studies lessons while maintaining a focus on the intent and content of the social studies standard.
- Teachers in grades K-5 align writing instruction with the expectations of the Georgia Milestones.
- Social Studies Fair preparation will begin in early September. Scholars in grades Pre-K thru 5 will participate.