B3: Believe in Benteen’s Brilliance!
Greetings Parents, Students, and Stakeholders!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 2022 - 2023 school year at Frederick Wilson Benteen Elementary School! We are thrilled to be an IB World School offering the PYP Curriculum! Additionally, we are moving forward with our 5th year as a Dual Language Immersion School and to expand our growing program from PreK and up to 4th grade! We look forward to another amazing year of teaching, learning, and service to this phenomenal community. I am excited to continue this journey as your principal and look forward to continuing our work together to make Benteen a School of Choice! I feel extremely privileged to be working alongside such a passionate group of parents, staff, and faculty who believe in the infinite possibilities of our children!
I know we are in unprecedented times, and I want to simply thank you for your fervent commitment and support. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success. I want you to know that we will do our very best to provide a safe and productive learning environment so that all students can reach their highest potential. We want you to partner with us by becoming an active part of your child’s school experience by volunteering, joining our PTA, or serving on one of our school committees.
In an effort to work together for our students’ success, we encourage you to support your child’s learning by assisting us with and remembering the following:
- Please send you child to school daily on time, ready to learn.
- Remember the instructional day begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m. Students may enter the building as early as 7:15 a.m.
- We will be offering Before Care for a fee as early as 6:45 a.m. More information will be shared during our Open House.
- Support academic growth by ensuring students complete all classroom and homework assignments given by teachers
- Encourage students to read at least 30-45 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Encourage students to share their school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Encourage students to exhibit appropriate behavior
- Encourage students to wear their uniforms Monday – Thursday.
We are committed to providing a high quality education to our children. We look forward to working with you to impact student outcomes! Please know that we cannot wait to see your faces at the building as we start this school year at our temporary home at East Lake. Please continue to Believe in Benteen's Brilliance!
Dr. Andrew Lovett, Jr.