In an effort to help improve student safety during dismissal, we will implement the following updates:
(1) When there is a change in dismissal we will ask parents how the student normally gets home and ask parent to put the name of the person in writing as well. All dismissal changes must continue to be submitted in writing with imapcted dates for the change. This will help ensure that the front office is aware and so we can alert the zone leader to a change in a routine for the student.
(2) When there is a change in dismissal we will ask parent to specify in their conversation and written documentation who will be picking the student up.
(3) Moving forward we will not release non family students without verifying with the driver(for car riders), the adult (for walkers), and the front office who is picking up the student, based on parent communication.
(4) In the event of emergency or after 2:00 p.m parents will call the front office and ask for an administrator.
General Dismissal Reminders:
- No Early Dismissals after 2:00 p.m.
- Please do not go to your child’s classroom for early dismissal. Office staff will call the classroom and request the student(s) to report to the office.
- All students receiving an early dismissal must be signed out by a parent/guardian or an authorized person, as identified on their enrollment paperwork. • Please try to schedule all doctors and dentists’ appointments after school hours.
- The school day ends at 2:30 p.m.
- Students are to be picked up no later than 2:45 p.m. except for after-school tutorial or extra curricular activities. • After school tutorial students are to be picked up no later that 4:00 p.m.
- Students who are picked up late will be placed in the Preferred Care After School Program. The parent will be charged a fee for each student as a drop in. Repeated late pick ups will result in an address verification request or social worker referral.