B3: Believe in Benteen’s Brilliance!
Greetings Parents, Students, and Stakeholders!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year at Frederick Wilson Benteen Elementary School: Atlanta’s newest Authorized International Baccalaureate World School! We are thrilled to be an IB World School offering the PYP Curriculum! If you are new to Benteen, we will have plenty of time to explain this accomplishment! Additionally, we are moving forward with our 4th year as a Dual Language Immersion School and to expand our growing program from PreK and up to 3rd grade! We look forward to another amazing year of teaching, learning, and service to this phenomenal community. I am excited to continue this journey as your principal and look forward to continuing our work together to make Benteen a School of Choice! I feel extremely privileged to be working alongside such a passionate group of parents, staff, and faculty who believe in the infinite possibilities of our children!
I know we are in unprecedented times, and I want to simply thank you for your fervent commitment and support as we navigated through virtual and hybrid school last year. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success. I want you to know that we will do our very best to provide a safe and productive learning environment so that all students can reach their highest potential. We want you to partner with us by becoming an active part of your child’s school experience by volunteering, joining our PTA, or serving on one of our school committees.
In an effort to work together for our students’ success, we encourage you to support your child’s learning by assisting us with and remembering the following:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready to learn.
- The instructional day begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m. Students may enter the building as early as 7:15 a.m.
- Completes all classroom and homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads at least 30-45 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Exhibits appropriate behavior
- Believes that he/she can succeed in school and that they will be college and/or career ready
- Encourage students to wear their uniforms Monday – Thursday.
We are committed to providing a high quality education to our children. We look forward to working with you to impact student outcomes! Please know that we cannot wait to see your faces at the building as we return to face to face instruction. Please continue to Believe in Benteen's Brilliance because our children and our parents are Brilliant and together #KeepBelieving!
Dr. Andrew Lovett, Jr.