B3: Believe in Benteen’s Brilliance!
Greetings Parents, Students, and Stakeholders!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 2019 - 2020 school year at Frederick Wilson Benteen Elementary School: Atlanta’s Newest Dual Language Immersion School! We are thrilled to launch our 2nd year as a Dual Language Immersion School and expand our growing program up to 1st grade! We look forward to another amazing year of teaching, learning, and service to this phenomenal school community. I am excited to continue this journey as your principal and look forward to continuing our work together to make Benteen a School of Excellence! I feel extremely privileged to be working alongside such a passionate group of parents, staff, and faculty who believe in the infinite possibilities of children!
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to provide a safe and productive learning environment. We encourage you to partner with us by becoming an active part of your child’s school experience: sign-up as a classroom volunteer, join the PTA, or serve on one of our school committees.
In an effort to work together for our students’ success we encourage you to support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready to learn
- Completes all classroom and homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads at least 30-45 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Exhibits appropriate behavior
- Believes that he/she can succeed in school and that they will be college and/or career ready
We are committed to providing a high quality education to our children and we look forward to working with you to impact student outcomes! We welcome you to come visit and to B3: Believe in Benteen's Brilliance because our children are Brilliant!
Dr. Andrew Lovett, Jr.
Follow me on Twitter @docdrewlovett