B3: Believe in Benteen’s Brilliance!
Greetings Parents, Students, and Stakeholders!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 2020 - 2021 school year at Frederick Wilson Benteen Elementary School: Atlanta’s Newest Dual Language Immersion School! We are thrilled to launch our 3rd year as a Dual Language Immersion School and to expand our growing program down to PreK and up to 2nd grade! We look forward to another amazing year of teaching, learning, and service to this phenomenal school community. I am excited to continue this journey as your principal and look forward to continuing our work together to make Benteen a School of Choice! I feel extremely privileged to be working alongside such a passionate group of parents, staff, and faculty who believe in the infinite possibilities of our children!
I know we are in unprecedented times, and I know that working together our students will have the best possible education experience this school year, whether it is virtual, hybrid, face to face, or a combination. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to provide a safe and productive learning environment in the virtual space until we are able to return face to face. We want you to partner with us by becoming an active part of your child’s school experience by being active, volunteering, joining our PTA, or serving on one of our school committees.
In an effort to work together for our students’ success we encourage you to support your child’s learning by assisting us with the following:
- Make sure you help sign your child(ren) in for their virtual lessons based on their schedule or watch the recorded lessons when convenient
- Participate in the virtual open house/drive thru meet and greet opportunities
- Encourage your students to engage in their virtual lessons
- Encourage students to complete all assignments given by teachers and staff
- Read at least 30-45 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Encourage students to exhibit appropriate behavior in the virtual learning environment
- Believe that he/she can succeed in school and that they can be college and/or career ready
We are committed to providing a high quality education to our children and we look forward to working with you to impact student outcomes! Please know that we cannot wait to see you again at our school, whenever it is safe. Please continue to Believe in Benteen's Brilliance because our children and our parents are Brilliant and together We ARE Benteen!
Dr. Andrew Lovett, Jr.