- Provide emergency management oversight, coordination, and situational awareness to a broad and diverse group of Atlanta Public Schools partners.
- Employ an integrated all-hazards risk-based approach for mitigation, response, continuity of operations, recovery, and preparedness planning.
- Create a "culture of preparedness" among students and employees by improving awareness and comprehension of what to do before, during, and after major emergency and disaster incidents.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve multidimensional and redundant emergency communication capabilities.
- Build local, state, and national partnerships with other entities that share a vested interest in the enrichment of emergency management.