Requirements to Enroll in Adult Education Classes
Adults 18 and older:
To enroll in the Atlanta Public Schools Adult Education Program, participants must meet the following requirements:
Assistance is provided to prospective participants during orientation if needed.
Individuals 16 and 17 years old:
Persons 16 and 17 years old may register with parental consent. Students under the age of 16 are not permitted to enroll in the program. Registration for minors is conducted at the main office, The Adult Education Center, on Fridays at 8:30 am.
Both the student and the parent/guardian must be present with the following:
- Withdrawal form from the last school attended, with a withdrawal date
- Copy of the birth certificate (parent's name must be on the birth certificate)
- Guardianship documentation (if applicable)
- Parent's/guardian's valid picture ID
To enroll in the Atlanta Public Schools Adult Education Program, participants must provide the following documents:
US Citizens & Legal Permanent Residents:
Bring the following:
- Valid Driver's License
- Legal Permanent Resident Card
- United States Passport
Qualified Alien or Non-Immigrant
- Passport from home country and United States visa with I-94 or Alien Registration Number
- We cannot accept B1, B2, and F1 visas
Call our main office at 404-802-3560 for more information.