- Jean Childs Young Middle School
Students' dress is to reflect neatness, cleanliness, modesty, and a sense of pride in themselves as well as the school. Shoes must be worn at all times in any public building, including schools. Please refer to the dress code for further information.
Uniforms are required at JCYMS, students will wear collared shirts with khaki bottoms. Each grade level have specific colors for their for tops, 6th grade: red, 7th grade: yellow and 8th grade: white.
- Clothing, hairstyles, and jewelry must not cause a disruption or constitute a health or safety hazard.
- Clothing, including spirit wear, must be modest of appropriate length and fit. Extremely tight clothing, sagging shorts or trousers, or baggy, oversized clothing is not permitted.
- All clothing must be free from holes and not reveal any parts of the body.
- Clothing and/ or jewelry must not contain words or symbols that are gang-related, offensive, insulting, embarrassing, sexually suggestive, obscene, or promote illegal behavior.
- Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain any advertisement or display or words or symbols associated with alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco.
- Appropriate undergarments must be work at all time and must not be visible. Pants that sit below the waistline are not allowed. Students are only to wear pajamas on school-sanctioned special days.
- Caps, hats, head wraps, bandanas, bonnets, hoods, or other head coverings must not be worn in the school building during the school day unless there is a special activity where they are deemed appropriate by the school principal.
- Appropriate shoes, those that fit and allow for safe movement throughout the school, must be worn at all times at school and school sponsored activities (no slides; flip flops)
- In accordance with recommendations of public health officials, the wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g., face coverings, masks, etc.) by students may be required as part of the student dress code.