Find It Fast
Happy New Year APS Families
Atlanta Virtual Academy is no longer accepting applications for 2020-21 school year. We will welcome new students for Fall 2022 later this year. Stay tuned for more information. We wish all a great school year as we work together to ensure the success of students in Atlanta Public School.
Atlanta Public Schools is committed to the safety of our staff and students as our top priority. We are implementing the following protocols across the district.
- We will be hosting COVID-19 vaccination events for eligible APS students (ages 5 and older), APS families, and APS staff on Saturday, January 8 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Sutton 7/8, Long MS, Maynard Jackson HS, and Mays HS. Register today at http://tinyurl.com/apsvax
- We will follow our updated decision-making matrix for pivoting to virtual learning on an as-needed basis (for individual schools).
- Upon our return to in-person learning:
- We will continue our mandatory twice per week staff surveillance testing.
- We are increasing our student testing to twice per week.
- We will implement a new test-to-stay protocol (which is also known as a modified quarantine) at all schools and APS work sites for students and staff beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022 (with orientation and training for school and district staff beginning Monday, January 10, 2022).
With these measures in place, schools are prepared to receive families for spring semester.