Springdale Park Elementary has a Safety Plan that is regularly practiced with our students. Below, are some of the details that APS has approved for distribution, which we would like to share:
- All training and emergency guidelines are in compliance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA).
- All schools are required to send personnel to Safety Coordinators training yearly.
- Safety plans are reviewed and approved by Atlanta Public School Safety and Security Department, the Atlanta Fire Department, and Atlanta Police Department Detectives Unit.
- Monthly emergency drills include the seven types –Bomb, Intruder, Tornado, Fire, Bus Evacuation, AED, and Earthquake.
- All Fire Drills are monitored by the Atlanta Fire Department.
- Every school has staff on hand trained in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Police and Security have direct access to APS Close Circuit Television at each school.
- APS has 24 hour Emergency Communications Center with 911.
If there is an emergency whereby we must leave or evacuate the school there is a procedure in place. If this happens, SPARK will work in conjunction with the Atlanta Public Schools to notify parents via a robo-call and/or an emergency SPARK-e. Morningside Elementary is our Reunification site.Much of the SPARK Safety Plan cannot be shared for security reasons. If you have any further questions please contact the school administration.