New School Information
Welcome back to the 2022 - 2023 school year at your Henry Louis Hank Aaron Academy!
Classes will promptly begin at 9:00 A.M., and dismissal will begin at 4:17 P.M on August 1, 2022. The APS school bus pick-up and drop-off location have also changed. Students will not be picked up in the bus lane; instead, the APS school bus will board students at the Lakewood Marta Train Station. Students will be picked up on Murphy Street where the apartments are located. School buses will depart from Murphy Street between 8:55 A.M. and 9:35 A.M. in 10-minute increments. Car riders may be dropped off on campus as early as 9:00 AM. We are looking forward to a great year, and if you have questions, feel free to contact your HLHANBA staff at (404) 802-6950.
Tuesday - 9:30 - 12:30
Wednesday - 9:30 - 12:30
Thursday - 1:00 - 4:00
Please bring your student in with you when you come in for enrollment. Also, please bring your lease, current GA Power Bill, and one other piece of mail from your house.
We encourage you to click the link below for a registration appointment.
The Henry Louis "Hank" Aaron Academy
Dress Code Procedures
In the interest of improved school performance, school safety, and improved student self-esteem, Henry Louis "Hank" Aaron New Beginnings Academy has enacted a school-wide student uniform dress code policy.
1. All students are required to wear uniforms daily.
White, Black, or Gray (Solid Colors Only)
- Polo/Collared shirts (Long or Short Sleeve)
Khaki Bottoms Tan/Brown (No Sweatpants, jeans, joggers, or leggings)
- Belts are required (black or brown) (pants will not be permitted to be worn below the waist)
- No Red or Blue shoes ( No shades/variations of Blue or Red Color allowed- i.e. Crimson, Powder Blue, etc. )
- Cleats, slippers, flip flops, slides, and shoes with wheels are not permitted.
Uniforms must also abide by the following guidelines:
1. Shirts may not reveal any body parts or undergarments. Therefore, no sheer, sleeveless, or midriff shirts are allowed.
2. Leggings, jeggings, and jogging pants are not allowed.
3. Uniforms must be worn at the natural waist and when clothing is large or baggy, belts are required.
4. All shoes must be closed toe and closed heel. Red and blue shoes are not acceptable.
5. Coats, hoodies, and jackets may not be worn inside the building. Therefore, students may wear long-sleeved white or black undershirts.
6. No head scarves, bonnets, or bandanas are permissible.
7. Socks may not contain any illegal or offensive images or words.
Home of the Bullmastiffs
Thank you for visiting the online home of The Henry Louis "Hank" Aaron New Beginnings Academy, where the goal is to become a "model institution for alternative education" aimed at ensuring that students become "lifelong leaders and learners." We hope that you find this site informative!