PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Every Atlanta Public School has a Parent Teacher Association (PTA) whose goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. PTAs normally meet once a month. Through PTA initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
- Supports and organizes schoolwide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conducts fundraising for school activities
- Assists with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTA?
You can join the PTA beginning in the month of August every school year. We have attached the PTA membership form for your convenience. All you have to do is download, print and complete the form and send the completed form in with your dues to your child's teacher. He or she will submit to the parent liason for the school. If there are any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our school at 404.802.4000.