The Atlanta Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, citizenship, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, medical status, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or any legally protected status in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities.
For additional information about nondiscrimination provisions, please contact the Office of Internal Resolution, 130 Trinity Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30303.
Complaints must be submitted in writing within 90 days from the date of alleged act(s), unless the time for filing is extended by the Office of Internal Resolution/Employee Relations for good cause (to be determined by the Director of the Office of Internal Resolution/Employee Relations). All inquiries and discrimination complaints filed with the Office of Internal Resolution/Employee Relations (except in extenuating circumstances) are confidential to the extent possible as described below. Confidentiality also applies to the investigative process of all investigations conducted by the Office of Internal Resolution/Employee Relations.
Measures shall be taken independent of receipt of a complaint shall include but not be limited to:
1. Discussing the circumstances with the alleged victim;
2. Maintaining the anonymity of the alleged victim; if requested or deemed to be in the best interest of the involved parties;
3. Conducting an informal investigation to determine the validity of the allegations;
4. Advising the alleged offender of the complaint and directing him/her to cease the alleged objectionable behavior and any other behavior that may constitute discrimination
5. Restricting contact between the alleged victim and the alleged offender
Any school personnel who have knowledge of the occurrence of discrimination shall immediately make an appropriate report of the alleged misconduct to the appropriate Principal or Assistant Principal or to the Office of Internal Resolution/Employee Relations.