Free & Reduced Lunch and Meal Payment
Free & Reduced Lunch Application for 2022.23 School Year
Meal Payment for 2022.23 School YearPaying for Breakfast and Lunch:Parents may make pre-payments to children’s individual meal account, through MySchoolBucks. Please call APS Nutrition Customer Service 404-802-2540 with any questions.
- Log on to MySchoolBucks
- Sign up for an account
- Activate your account
- Log into your account
- Students are given “lunch numbers” to use to buy food from their meal accounts. Students are expected to know their lunch numbers after the initial start of school.
- Students are responsible for remembering their lunch or lunch money, but if it is forgotten, the cafeteria will provide a meal. A note will be sent home if your child has charged a meal.
- Plain milk is available for purchase separately.
- Cash may be given to the café staff as well, though they can't make change. Change will be applied to the students account.
Breakfast:Breakfast is served daily and is free for all students in the cafeteria.
Lunch:Lunch is served daily and is free for all students in the cafeteria.
- Students are welcome to bring a packed lunch, although refrigeration and microwaves are not available.
- Parents may sign-in at the main office to eat lunch with their child in the cafe at any time, without prior teacher approval.
- Parents may eat with their own child either in the cafeteria with the rest of the class or at a table on our outdoor patio. No other students may join if parent elects to eat on the outside patio.
Healthy SnacksAll classrooms have a designated snack time daily. Your child should bring one healthy snack during the school day. Please refrain from sending candy or junk food to school.
SPARK strives to create an environment that promotes the social and emotional wellness of all children and provide opportunities for students to cultivate healthy habits. In an effort to ensure that all students have an opportunity to be safe and thrive, the Wellness Committee supports SPARK’s long-term commitment to wellness. Information provided includes suggestions on how the entire SPARK community can support a culture of wellness and ensure that children with food allergies can be safe from dangerous exposures.
If you have questions about SPARK’s Wellness activities, please contact Coach Harrison.
Classroom Snack Ideas & Celebration Snacks:
- All fresh fruits and vegetables
- Consider (nut-free) dips such as hummus for vegetables or yogurt for fruit
- Applesauce cups or squeeze (all brands)
- Dole or Del Monte fruit cups (in water, not juice)
- Raisins (plain) or Craisins (low sugar version)
- String cheese or other packaged cheese (deli can cross contaminate with tree nuts in meats)
- Drinkable yogurt or smoothies (not Yoplait brand)
- Yogurt tubes (freeze them for a popsicle!)
- Quaker Rice cakes (Caramel Corn, Ranch, Kettle Corn, Plain)
- Cheerios (plain, multigrain, cinnamon-NO HONEY NUT)
- Kraft Handi-snack dips with cheese
- Lenders or Thomas brand Bagels and plain cream cheese
- Somersaults snacks (available at Target, Whole Foods and online)
- Honey Maid graham crackers (Honey, Low fat Honey, Cinnamon, Chocolate)
- Teddy Grahams (Cinnamon, Honey, Chocolate, Chocolatey Chip, Mini)
- Fig Newtons (all varieties)
- Barnum Original animal crackers
- Lucy’s cookies (milk, gluten, egg and nut/peanut free!)
- Skeeters Nut Free Snacks (Target)
- Enjoy Life brand snacks (all varieties)
- Nutrigrain Cereal Bars (Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Raspberry)
- Cheerios (plain original)
- Annie’s brand bunny crackers
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (cheese, graham, pretzel)
- Rold Gold Pretzels (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Utz brand Pretzels (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Utz brand Tortilla chips (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Newmans Own Pretzels (Salted sticks, rounds, spelt) (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Stacy’s Pita Chips (Simply Naked)
- Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Vegetable Thins (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Ritz crackers (NOT Ritz Bitz or sandwiches) (low sodium, lightly salted)
- Popchips (BBQ potato, Cheddar & Sour Cream, Hint of Olive Oil Veggie, Sea Salt Potato, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Sea Salt Veggie, Sour Cream and Onion, Sweet Potato)
- Baked Lay’s (Original, Sour Cream & Onion)
- Tostitos brand tortilla chips (scoops, rounds, restaurant style, multigrain, hint of jalepeno, hint of lime, bite size)
- Popcorn (Pop Secret, Orville Redenbaucher, Vics, Smartfood, Herrs, Skinny Pop)
- Sun Chips (All varieties)
- Pirates Booty (also Bucaneer Joes at Trader Joes)-(all varieties)
- Barefruit All Natural Apple Chips
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Clif Kid Organic Twisted Fruit
- Popsicle brand popsicles
- Edy’s Fruit and Outshine bars
- Dole whole fruit bars
- Breyers Pure Fruit Bars
- Minute Maid Juice Bars
- Sunbutter Sunflower Seed Spread (all varieties)
- Water (if juice is supplied please ensure that real fruit juice is at least 30%)
- All fresh fruits and vegetables