Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Marion Franklin Cannon
Marion Franklin Cannon is a Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher specializing in information technology, business education, and career development. She plays an essential role in assisting secondary students in exploring possible career interests and developing skills that will enhance their future education and career.
Ms. Cannon is Georgia certified in IT/Programming and Software Development and Business Education (6-12). As a self-directed, action-oriented professional with teaching experience in secondary, post-secondary, and community settings, Ms. Cannon is a warm and caring teacher who wants all students to be successful learners and continuously works to create a classroom atmosphere that is stimulating, encouraging, and adaptive to the varied needs of students.
During her free time, Ms. Cannon enjoys baking, sewing, machine embroidery, making beaded jewelry, and crocheting.
• EdS, Instructional Technology, Media, and Design, University of West Georgia (Expected Summer 2023)
• MS, Information Technology, Kennesaw State University
• BAS, Administrative Management, Clayton State University
• AAS, Office Administration, Clayton State University
• AAS, Computer Information Systems Networking Specialist, Chattahoochee Technical College
• Health Information Technology—Graduate Level, Kennesaw State University
• Social Media Specialist, Chattahoochee Technical College (Expected Fall 2021)
• Computer Office Technology, Clayton State University
• Medical Office Technology, Clayton State University
Credentials and Certifications
Trainer and Instructor
• Microsoft Certified Trainer
• Facilitating Career Development Training Instructor
• Global Career Development Facilitator - Instructor Designation
• CompTIA A+
• Microsoft Office Specialist Expert in Word
• Microsoft Office Specialist in Word
• Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel
• Microsoft Office Specialist in PowerPoint
• Certified Career Services Provider
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® Certified Practitioner
• Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
• Murphy-Meisgeier Type Indicator for Children® Certified Practitioner
• Academy Certified Resume Writer
• Certified Professional Resume Writer
• Certified Hidden Job Market Coach
• Scheduled to be Co-Presenter at the Best Practices and Innovations in Career and Technical Education Conference hosted by the ACTE Administration Division and the National Council of Local Administrators September 29–October 1, 2021, in Austin, Texas.
• Nominated for Georgia Business Education Association New Teacher of the Year Award, 2021.