HB385 Welcomes Retired Teachers to the Classroom
Retired educators with 30 or more years’ experience may return to teach full time in specified high needs areas, as determined by their district’s Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA). For Atlanta Public Schools, these areas are Math, Science and Special Education.
Under the recently passed House Bill 385, retired educators eligible for rehire should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 30 years creditable experience with the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRSGA)
- Have been retired, and not restored to service, for a minimum of one year
- Qualified to teach a predetermined high needs subject area
Qualifying retired educators are encouraged to log in to their MyPSC Account to review their certification status and options for renewal.
- House Bill 385 Frequently Asked Questions
- Teaching Certificate Renewal Process for Retired Educators per GA HB385
- Georgia Professional Standards Commission - MyPSC
Visit www.apscareers.org to apply for a teaching position at Atlanta Public Schools TODAY!
For additional information on returning to employment through House Bill 385, please contact our Recruitment Office at 404-802-2313 or by email to JoinTeamAPS@apsk12.org.