Safety PlanHope -Hill Elementary has a Safety Plan that is in compliance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA). This plan has been shared with our staff and is regularly practiced with our students.
If there is an emergency whereby we must leave or evacuate the school there are procedures in place. In this event, Hope-Hill will work in conjunction with the Office of Safety and Security and the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department to notify parents via emergency messaging. Please keep your Parent Portalinformation updated, as this will be used for email, phone, and text communications.
- All APS schools are required to have at least one Safety Coordinator who is required to participate in annual trainings, as well as review and revise the School’s Safety Plan.
- Safety plans are reviewed and approved by the Office of Safety and Security and the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department.
- Our school practices emergency drills such as Evacuation, Lock-Down, Weather, Fire, Bus Evacuation, and Earthquake (CPR/AED for Staff).
- Every school has staff on hand trained in CPR/AED and First Aid. We also have a full-time nurse.
- Our administrators and Office of Safety and Security have direct access to our camera monitoring system.