Academic Fair InformationThe Grady High School Academic Fair will be held on Friday, December 1st, in the Media Center. Students will submit fair-style projects in the areas of science, math, engineering, and social studies. Their projects will be judged by academics and professionals who are experts in a wide variety of fields.Fair-style projects are a great way to engage students while addressing the Process Standards for CCGPS as well as the Gifted & Talented Standards for research, communication, critical thinking, and higher order thinking.
Important Deadlines & Dates:
- Registration and Protocol forms are due to sponsoring teacher by Friday, September 22. Students are encouraged to submit forms to their teachers for review and approval as early as possible.
- Students must present their projects in class by Friday, November 17.
- Teachers must submit a final list of students they recommend for the Grady fair by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 17.
- Grady Academic Fair: Friday, December 1. All subjects.
- APS Regional Science, Math, & Engineering Fair: TBD, late January
- APS District-wide Social Studies Fair: TBD, mid January
Math, Science, and Engineering Project Timeline
Students set up log books and complete the following steps in their log:
1. Background research
2. Identify a problem/question
4. Begin draft research paper/report
5. Develop research plan and Hypothesis/proposed solution
First day for teachers to submit protocols to APS Science Coordinator for Approval.
Students Submite Research Plan, Forms 1, 1A, 1B, and other required forms to their teacher for review.
No later than Septermber 22
Teachers Submit Research Plan, Forms 1, 1A, 1B and other Required Documents to the APS science department
No later than Septerber 29
Last day for teachers to submit protocols to Science Coordinator for Approval
September 29, 2017
After Form 1A is approved by the district, Students will
· Record MATERIALS, PROCEDURE and VARIABLES in your log book.
· Carry out research plan, experimentation, and data collection.
· Record all data and analysis in log book.
Teacher submit a list of projects to Mr. Nichols that includes
· Student name(s)
· Project title
No later than October 15
After experimentation, the student will
· Analyze data and draw conclusions
· Finalize their research paper with conclusions based on data.
· Write an abstract using the official Abstract Form
· Create a display board
· Present their project to their teacher/sponsor for review and approval.
November 1 – 15
Deadline for students to register projects for Grady Academic Fair.
Only teacher-approved projects may register.
Friday, November 17, 2017
Grady Academic Fair
Friday, December 1, 2017
Grady Fair Winners Register for Atlanta City Regional Fair – Mr. Nichols will do this.
December 11- 15 2017
Atlanta City Regional Science Fair (6-12)
January 25, 2018