Research and Educational Partnerships
Dear Prospective Researcher,
Atlanta Public Schools (APS) encourages meaningful empirical research and offers the services of the Office of Research and Evaluation to facilitate the efforts of researchers in conducting approved studies. Guidelines have been formulated to regulate research activities, to protect the rights of students and staff, and to avoid interference with the ongoing instructional programs in the schools.
The following conditions apply to all research requests:
- Research applications must contain all required documents upon submission for review. Researchers must submit a completed Atlanta Public Schools Research Request Application.The committee will not review incomplete applications.
- Beginning in the 2022-2023 school year, research proposals will be reviewed twice a year by the Research Review Committee.
- Applications for fall start dates (i.e., August 1st - October 31st) must be submitted by April 1st of each year. Decision letters will be delivered in early July.
- Applications for winter/spring start dates (i.e., January 1st - March 31st) must be submitted by September 1st of each year. Decision letters will be delivered in early December.
- Due to the administration of state standardized testing, no research may be conducted in APS schools during the months of April or May.
- The committee may approve or deny research proposals. During the review period, the committee may follow-up with the applicant for clarity and/or may request modifications to the proposal.
We are currently accepting Applications for anyone interested in beginning their research, including surveys, between August 1, 2022 and October 31, 2022. Applications must be submitted by June 1, 2022 for consideration. All applications will be reviewed during the month of June and decision letters will be delivered in early July. Applications submitted after June 1, 2022 will be reviewed after September 1st for a Winter 2023 start date consideration (i.e., January 2023 or after).
More detailed information regarding the processes and procedures for conducting research can be reviewed in the Research Resources section.
Monique O'Bryant, Ph.D.Director, Research and Evaluation130 Trinity Ave., SW, 5th FloorAtlanta, Georgia 30303P: 404.802.2697F: 404.802.1601