District 3: Michelle D. Olympiadis
Michelle Olympiadis is the District 3 Representative of the Atlanta Board of Education. From the time Michelle was a preschool room parent, she has been engaged as an active parent, volunteer, and leader to support schools and great experiences for students. In the last three years, her roles have included:
- 2015 - Present, Member, State Advisory Panel, Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE)
- 2015 - Present, Member, Student Success Stakeholder Committee, GaDOE
- 2017 - Present, Inclusion Committee Chair, District 10, Georgia Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- 2017-18, Parliamentarian, Morningside Elementary School (MES) PTA
- 2015 - 17, President, MES PTA
- 2016 - 17, Vice-President of Communication, District 10 Georgia PTA
- 2015 - 2017, Grady High School Cluster Advisory, Atlanta Public Schools (APS)
- 2015 - 2017, Inman Middle School Go Team, APS
- 2014 - 2017, Special Education Advisory Committee, APS
Michelle is currently employed with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America and previously employed with the Consulate General of France, The Coca-Cola Company and Wachovia Bank.
Michelle is a lifelong member of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Atlanta and active in the philanthropic organizations affiliated with the Greek Orthodox Church, Philoptochos and the Daughters of Penelope.
A first generation American, her family emigrated from Greece to Atlanta in 1956. Since 1995 she and her family have resided in the city of Atlanta. An APS parent for over 10 years, she has three children, one each in high school, middle school and elementary school.