Dear Inman Families: Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
Middle school is an exciting and important time in your child’s life. At Inman, we recognize the unique needs students have as they transition from elementary to high school. We are committed to helping each and every student thrive and achieve through intentional, innovative, and inclusive practices that give all students opportunities to learn, grow, play, and develop their passions.
Our staff and students will SOAR like EAGLES today and every day for the 2019-2020 school year. This is especially significant as it will be the last of 41 years of middle school excellence at Inman. Next year, we will move into the newly renovated David T. Howard building. For our 6th and 7th grade families, we will be updating you every step of the way as we prepare for the transition to Howard Middle School. #Inman2Howard; #RamsRiseUp
Our Milestone data for the 2018-2019 school year has been released, and we are very proud of the results. We are the top middle school in APS, and in the top ten percent in the state. Our ELA, special education, and ESOL scores were the strongest they have been in a five year period. This is only one part of our success story, as we accomplished so much more than test scores alone can measure. Our students were recognized in our community and throughout the state in athletics, Debate Club, Academic Bowl, math competitions, Reading Bowl, Fine Arts program, and much more. These achievements only happen when there is strong collaboration between students, families, staff, and community partners. Thank you! We will expand the T-Mobile laptop distribution to encompass all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. We also will continue to work hard to BE Safe, BE Responsible, and BE Respectful as we continue to build a school culture based on our Positive Behavior Interventions & Support (PBIS) model.
We will continue to:
- implement restorative practice, which is an alternative to punitive responses for student discipline.
- have our core classes occur at different times during the day (Snake Schedule) as we had so much positive feedback from teachers, students and parents.
- offer recess daily so students may play, exercise, and socialize.
- provide a daily advisement period so we can support students' social and emotional growth and well-being.
I hope everyone can be at the Inman Meet-and-Greet on Friday, August 9 from 2-4 PM. Students will be able to see their schedules, meet some of their teachers, pick up their laptops (returning 7th & 8th graders), sign up for clubs and sports, and much, much more. Parents will be able to meet teachers, buy Inman apparel, support the Inman PTO and Foundation, sign-up for Infinite Campus, and much, much more!
I encourage everyone to follow us on social media to show your support for our school:
- View our improved website: https://www.
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Follow us on Instagram: @Inman_Middle_School
- Follow us on Twitter: @APSInman or @InmanPTO
- Sign up for Remind: Text the message @2e7a68 to the number 81010
The primary objective of our staff is for all of our students to reach their highest potential. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or questions.
It is going to be a fantastic year at Inman Middle School!
Dr. Kevin Maxwell
Inman Middle School