PBIS at David T. Howard
David T. Howard Middle School uses the PBIS framework school-wide in order to celebrate the successes of our students. PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. The key features of PBIS according to the Georgia Department of Education PBIS Strategic Plan are:
- Clearly define behavioral expectations
- Social & Behavioral skills instruction (provided through our weekly Second Step curriculum)
- Positive & proactive discipline
- Active supervision & monitoring
- Positive acknowledgment
- Data-based decision making
- Parent training and collaboration
At Howard, we utilize the PBIS Matrix below to clearly define behavioral expectations for students in each of the common areas listed. Please support us in reviewing the expectations below with our scholars!
"RAMS Rise Up!"
Click this link to view the PBIS Expectations for students at Howard Middle School