Requirements for Participation
Before any student may try out, they must have an APS physical form packet on file with DT Howard Middle School. All forms need to be submitted to Coach Abernathy in order to try-out for a sport. All physicals must be submitted on the APS physical form packet.
Required Paperwork: All paperwork turned in before allowed to try out...No exceptions!
- All sections of the APS Physical form packet must be filled out completely. No child may tryout without a recent physical, parent consent, or insurance.
- If you are using your own insurance for your child’s coverage, you must provide a copy of your child’s insurance card. We need to have both sides of the card on file.
Academic Requirements: Student athletes must have passed 5 classes in the previous semester in order to be eligible for participation (ex. a 7th grade football player must have passed 5 classes in 2nd semester of 6th grade to be eligible).
Complete explanation of all HMS Athletics Policies.
Howard Athletics Announcements
2021-22 Fall Sports Updates
- Football summer practices: July 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, & 28.
- All other fall sports will begin in August after school resumes, including Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, and Ultimate. CHECK THE SCHOOL WEB SITE FOR ALL UPDATES LATER THIS SUMMER.
- For all sports, students need a completed sports physical from their doctor or local facility and a copy of their insurance card to participate. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS DONE BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS!
2021-22 Sports Updates
Football is the only team practicing in June and we will have more details about other sports for 2021-22 later this summer. #RamsRiseUp