Building school spirit and camaraderie.
Interested in sports at DT Howard?
- All sections of the APS sports physical form (English, Spanish). Visit your primary care physician, Kroger Clinic, Walgreen’s Pharmacy, Urgent Care or Wellstar to be examined for a sports physical. Complete and upload your child's sports physical here! (You will not be able to participate until we have your sports physical on file with DTH Athletics.)
- APS athletics participation form (Complete and save electronically or print out to scan)
- Copy the front and back of your insurance card (If you do not have an electronic version)
- Register on TeamSnap for all sports you are interested in this year. You will need to upload your participation form and a copy of your insurance card to complete registration. TeamSnap Registration.
Academic Requirements: Student athletes must have passed 5 classes in the previous semester in order to be eligible for participation (ex. a 7th grade football player must have passed 5 classes in 2nd semester of 6th grade to be eligible).
DTH Athletics Program and Policies
Parent Information on Athletics and Club Sports slides
Contact Coach Abernathy for questions or assistance.
APS v Club Sports
APS sports are mostly funded by the district.
- Coaching stipends, uniforms/gear, transportation, officials/refs, venues, and tournament fees.
- Team fees cover spirit packs (t-shirts, hoodies, etc.) and miscellaneous equipment (balls, bats, etc.)
Club sports are completely funded by parents.
- Sideline Cheer
- Boys Contact Football
- Girls Softball
- Sideline Cheer
- Varsity Basketball
- Girls Flag Football
- Track and Field
- Competition Cheer
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Water Polo
- JV/6th Basketball
Interested in Coaching?
- Level III Background Check required
- $45 fee (+ $1.95 service fee)
- Contact Shanda Beadles (Business Manager)
E-Tickets & Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into Atlanta Public Schools Athletic venues, the Office of Safety and Security will implement the Operational Clear Bag Procedure beginning August 20, 2021, that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums, gymnasiums, and other athletic fields.
The district is also implementing an e-ticket only initiative at all athletic events charging admission. This new process will be in place at Lakewood Stadium, Henderson Stadium, and the Walden Athletic Complex, as well as at all school-based athletic facilities hosting competitions where a ticket must be purchased for entry.
Through an agreement with GoFan, those wishing to attend games will be able to purchase tickets through the APS GoFan page. An e-ticket will be sent to the purchaser’s mobile device, which will be scanned at the stadium or school for entry into the game.
PLEASE NOTE: We are listed as Inman Middle School
Social Media Links
@dthactivities on Instagram
@DTHActivities on Twitter
Athletics Google Classroom (code:36vabgc)