Player Eligibility: Lacrosse is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls.
Requirements before playing:
- APS Physical Packets must be turned into Coach Abernathy ASAP. If your child played a fall/winter sport you do NOT need to submit a new APS Physical Packet. All questions and APS Physical Packets should be directed to Benjamin Abernathy Forms can be found here.
- All players must be a member of US Lacrosse. The cost of membership is $30. Students must become members before they can play. Please email Kelli Taylor your player’s membership # and expiration date when you complete the form.
Fees: $150. Lacrosse is a “Club” sport at Howard, meaning we are self-funding with no financial support from APS. Club Dues for Spring 2022 will be $150. A PayPal link for payment will be sent out via email and placed on the Howard Girls Lacrosse section of the Howard Athletics website. Scholarships for students wishing to join clubs with membership fees can be requested through the school guidance counselor or PTO. We are committed to making sure dues, equipment and/or transportation issues do not keep any student from playing.
- Start Thursday, February 2
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-6:00 pm at Howard.
- Students will have time to change in the locker room and will need to bring their stick, cleats, goggles, mouth guard, etc. to school on practice days.
Equipment/uniforms: Players need their own lacrosse stick, mouth guard, goggles, and running shoes/cleats that are appropriate for artificial turf. Uniforms will be provided.
Games: Games are held on Saturdays from the end of February until the end of April; most are double headers and are played at Atlanta-area private schools. Games are typically played at 9:00 am, 10:30 am and 12:00 pm; players should arrive 45 minutes before the start of the game for warmups unless otherwise notified. Howard’s game schedule will be posted on the Howard Sports webpage and TeamSnap.
Volunteer Opportunities: In the past parents have signed up to help with practices and if you are not comfortable with that other volunteer positions include (1) Team Manager, (2) Team Statistician Coordinator, (3) Team Swag Coordinator, and (4) Social Media Coordinator. Please let us know if are interested in volunteering for one of these positions. In addition to team volunteer positions for the season we will need volunteers at each game to help with scoring and to bring snacks and drinks. Signups will be available once the season starts for game day help and volunteers.