Personal safety IS community safety.
We are living in an unprecedented time in which we are faced with a global pandemic. Each individual is responsible for protecting themselves, their family, and our community. This is an occassion to which we will rise and work together to protect ourselves and each other. Every single person at Mary Lin Elementary will take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Upon returning to school in-person for Phase II of our district's plan, we will adapt and embrace new practices to keep the learning environment safe for our children. We need the help of every individual. This is not something we can do alone. Each person must do their part to including students, teachers, staff, and our community members. Everyone must do their part and take an active role in promoting safety, health, and wellbeing for all of Mary Lin. We must abide by safety directives from federal, state, local, district, and school officials through the fall of 2020 and beyond and encourage others to do the same.
To keep our students and community safe, we will all do our parts.
- I will stay 6 feet of away from others at all times.
- I will keep my hands to myself and avoid touching things when I don't have to.
- I will wear a face mask while I am in school.
- I will wash my hands for 20 seconds regularly and use hand sanitizer when I can't wash with soap and water.
- I will check-in with my parents daily about my health and let them know when I don't feel well.
- I will avoid touching my face.
- I will cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze using my elbow or a tissue, then I will throw the tissue away and wash my hands.
- I will follow all new rules at Mary Lin.
- We will support students in staying 6 feet away from others.
- We will wear our face masks properly at all times daily.
- We will remind our students of safety measures and encourage students to practice them responsibly.
- We will educate students on correct handwashing techniques.
- We will provide students with opportunities and time for effective handwashing.
- We will offer students opportuinities for outdoor learning and fresh air.
- We will be sensitive to the social and emotional needs of our students in this difficult time.
- We will provide engaging educational experiences in both virtual and in-person settings.
- We will communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- I will wear a face mask properly while on campus. This includes walking my children to and from school as well as dropping them off in the carpool line.
- I will understand that I am not able to visit my children or volunteer within the school building.
- I will properly wear a face mask off campus whenever social distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- I will avoid traveling when it is not necessary.
- I will adhere to Mary Lin and APS guidance if I or my child needs to be quarantined or isolated.
- I will not allow my child to attend school in-person if my child is exhibiting any symptiom of the COVID-19 virus, are awaiting test results, or test positive for the virus.
- I will participate in contact tracing fully and honestly.
- I will follow all new directives from the CDC, the Department of Health, and the APS school district.
- I will encourage others to follow these guidelines.
- I understand that whether or not I take this pledge, safety is a shared responsibilty and my actions can put myself and others at risk. Failure to comply with these directives may result in students, teachers, staff, or the community becoming exposed to COVID-19 and could result in Mary Lin temporarily closing contingent upon contact tracing and district guidelines.
- We recognize that some students with disabilities may need to modify some aspect of this pledge in order to live and learn safely.
- We will assume positive intentions, but will also kindly help encourage and remind each other to follow these guidelines and expect others to do the same for us.
- We acknoledge that we are all in this effort together and appreciate that each person does their part to keep everybody safe.