CTAE Business & Community Advisory Board
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to strengthen CTAE programs by providing input for curriculum and related district program activities. The Advisory Board also helps increase community awareness and participation in CTAE programs. The Advisory Board makes recommendations but is not responsible for funding or program implementation and supervision.
The objectives of the Advisory Board are to partner with the CTAE department to:
- ensure a smooth transition for students from school to college and careers
- identify critical workforce competencies and industry trends for incorporation into CTAE programs and activities
- increase the number of youths preparing to enter college or skilled occupations
- improve employers’ access to qualified young people
- increase the number of work-based learning opportunities for students
- support the increase in externship opportunities for teachers
- increase the number of CTAE programs that are industry certified
The Advisory Board is composed of representatives of business/industry, secondary and post-secondary education, labor/business associations or agencies, parents, community organizations, community members, and CTAE staff.
If you would like to learn more about the Advisory Board or are interested in serving as a member, Please contact Dr. Theo Smith, Jr. at email@example.com or 404-802-5832.
The Advisory Board meeting schedule is below. The schedule is subject to change. The meeting location and any changes to the meeting schedule will be posted at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
September 14, 2022
November 10, 2022
Atlanta College & Career Academy
February 1, 2023