Our Vision for Atlanta's Children:
A seamless high-quality pathway from birth to college and career for every child born into the city of Atlanta.
Path-changing, consistent, and strategic wrap-around supports for families and children, starting from birth
How We Seek to Get There:
We know that our work is one part of a broader early learning ecosystem. We're committed to working with partners across the ecosystem as well as to ensure that we:
- Create consistently high-quality academic and social-emotional growth opportunities for students in every APS classroom.
- Provide effective early interventions and supports for students with academic, emotional, or developmental needs.
- Promote student learning at school and at home by partnering with families to provide resources that develop resilience, support families in crisis, and foster an understanding of the PK -3 continuum.
- Ensure that our teachers are highly-qualified and motivated instructional leaders, who are supported and developed in order to implement research-based best practices.
- Support school leadership and district stakeholders in building a robust understanding of early learning practice and impact in order to create a community of advocates.
- Collaborate with city-wide providers to ensure equitable access to Pre-K for all students, develop common quality and improvement initiative, and create a streamlined birth to school experience.