Our Vision is to:
- All APS students enter Kindergarten cognitively, socially, emotionally, and physically prepared for success in school and beyond.
- APS schools have the resources, knowledge, and mindsets necessary to support students in making a smooth transition from Pre-K to K through 3rd grade.
- APS families and community members have the resources, knowledge, and mindsets necessary to support children in accessing and succeeding in a high quality learning environment.
Our Mission is to:
- Create consistently high-quality academic and social-emotional growth opportunities for students in every APS classroom.
- Provide effective early interventions and supports for students with academic, emotional, or developmental needs.
- Promote student learning at school and at home by partnering with families to provide resources that develop resilience, support families in crisis, and foster an understanding of the PK -3 continuum.
- Ensure that our teachers are highly-qualified and motivated instructional leaders, who are supported and developed in order to implement research-based best practices.
- Support school leadership and district stakeholders in building a robust understanding of early learning practice and impact in order to create a community of advocates.
- Collaborate with city-wide providers to ensure equitable access to Pre-K for all students, develop common quality and improvement initiative, and create a streamlined birth to school experience.