Career Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE) integrates core academic knowledge with technical and occupationalskills to prepare students for post-secondary education and the workforce. The state of Georgia has identified 17 CareerClusters that are structured to prepare students for Georgia’s workforce. Georgia’s 17 Career Cluster Model representsmultiple pathways, which guides students to success for college preparation and career development. The curriculum foreach cluster is based on a set of common knowledge, skills and abilities which prepares students for various opportunities.These opportunities include but are not limited to advanced curriculum, Move On When Ready, Work-based Learning,career awareness, career development and employability skills.Career Technical & Agricultural Educationis the cornerstone for preparing students to be “College and Career Ready."
- To prepare Atlanta Public Schools’ students to compete in a global and technological society
- To prepare students to enter and meet the needs of a high demand and high skilled workforce
- To prepare students for post-secondary options without the need for remediation
- To prepare students to become self-directed and lifelong learners
- To develop socially conscious students
- To expose middle grade students to ergonomics and career awareness
Email:Dr. Michael Maze
Email:Dr. Brene' Bradley
(404) 802-5892 email@example.com
(404) 802-5832 firstname.lastname@example.orgDr. Dwionne Freeman
(404) 802-5894 email@example.comSignature Program Coordinators:Phone:Email:Dr. Brene' Bradley(404) firstname.lastname@example.orgDr. Kenya Gilliard(404) email@example.comDr. Ovura Murphy(404) firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone:Email:Administrative AssistantMs. Georgia Summers(404) 802-5979Accounting AssistantMs. Elicia Chandler(404)802-5895CTAE Main Office
Main Office: (404) 802-5979 Fax: (404) 802-5978Address: 256 Clifton Street, S.E., Suite # 1132, Atlanta, GA 30317Quick Resource Links:Click link for: APS CTAE AcronymsClick link for: Dear Colleague Letter for CTAE July 15, 2016Click link for: Achieve Atlanta Scholarship
Notification of NondiscriminationThe Atlanta Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, citizenship, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, medicalstatus, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or any legally protectedstatus in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of theiroperations and provides equal access to the Boys Scouts and other designated youth groups. For additional information about nondiscrimination provisions,please contact the Office of Internal Resolution, 130 Trinity Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30303.This notice is provided as required by the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the EducationAmendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the American Disability Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additionalinformation regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s). Office of Internal Compliance, Attn: William Scott,130 Trinity Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30303. Phone: 404-802-2789.