GO Team Overview
As of July 1, 2016, Atlanta Public Schools became a Charter System, which means our district works to create more freedom and flexibility for schools to find new ways to boost student achievement. Parents, educators and community members now share in the decision-making process through school GO Teams.
Who is on the GO Team?
What Does the GO Team Do?
How Does This Benefit Howard?
Ways YOU Can Participate:
- Run for office! Elections are every Spring and terms are for two years. There are seats for staff, parents, and community members.
- Attend GO Team meetings and participate in public comment. Meetings are generally monthly.
- Share your insights with our GO Team representatives.
- Serve on a committee.
- Volunteer for any calls to action.
- Nominate GO Team reps for election season and in between if there are any vacancies.
For information about GO Teams and GO Team resources, visit the District GO Team website by clicking on the picture below.