Why learn Spanish?
SPARK is dedicated to providing our students opportunities to learn about other cultures through language exposure. At SPARK we believe that all students(Kindergarten – 5th) should be exposed to the Spanish language. Our wonderful Spanish teacher, Dr. Monica Waldman, will visit every class this year a minimum of 10 times to expose children to Spanish language and culture. Homeroom teachers have the option to participate in more Spanish throughout the year with their students if their schedule permits. We will continue to offer this to our students as we build our Spanish program.
Why is it important to learn Spanish?
- There are over 400 million Spanish speakers world-wide.
- With more than 33 million speakers, Spanish is the second largest language in the United States.
- Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States, with the majority of them being Spanish speakers.
- By learning Spanish, students will better be able to communicate with Spanish speakers.
- Latin American countries are our most important trading partners.
- Being able to speak Spanish greatly enhances your resume.
- One can travel to a Spanish-speaking country and really get to know the culture.
- As we grow older, our memory begins to fade. Learning a world language actually helps keep student’s memory sharp.