Renaming Committee for Henry W. Grady High School
The Atlanta Board of Education is considering a name change for Henry W. Grady High School. We would appreciate input from the past, present, and future school community. On March 2, 2020 Board Chair, Jason Esteves appointed a special committee to consider nominations and make a recommendation to the board for approval.
- Leslie Grant | District One Representative, Atlanta Board of Education (Chair)
- Amir Farokhi |District Two Representative, Atlanta City Council
- Carrie MacBrien | Assistant Principal, Grady High School
- Celeste Beal | Grady High School Alumnus
- Courtney Smith | NPU-E Representative
- Janet Kinard | Council of Intown Neighborhoods and Schools (CINS) Representative
- Jay Hammond | Student, Grady High School
- Tuesday| 7/07/20| 5-7pm| Meeting #1 - Introductory Meeting
- Thursday| 7/30/20| 5-7pm| Meeting #2 - Listening Session
- Tuesday| 8/4/20| 5-7pm| Meeting #3 - Listening Session
- Tuesday| 8/11/20| 5-7pm| Meeting#4 - Deliberation/Recommendation
- Tuesday| 8/18/20| 5-7pm| Meeting#4 - Deliberation/Recommendation
- Tuesday| 10/13/20| 5-7pm| Meeting#5 - Deliberation/Recommendation
- Tuesday|10/20/20| 5-7pm| Meeting #6 - Deliberation/Recommendation
Information for Meeting
- To provide feedback/comments, please click here.
- To view a list of submitted names, please click here.