Naming Committee for the new Midtown Cluster Elementary School
The Atlanta Board of Education is considering a name for the new elementary school in the Midtown Cluster. We would appreciate input from community stakeholders. On September 6, 2022, Chairwoman Eshé Collins appointed a special committee to consider nominations and make a recommendation to the Board for approval.
Midtown Cluster Elementary School
- Michelle Olympiadis| District Three Representative, Atlanta Board of Education
- Alex Wan| District Three Representative, Atlanta City Council
- Leah Matthews| NPU-F Representative
- Margaret Allgood| Morningside Elementary Parent and Virginia Highland Resident
- Melissa Clark| SPARK Parent and Virginia Highland Resident
- Kelley Nduom| SPARK Parent and Virginia Highland Resident
- Ryan Valduga| SPARK Parent and Midtown Resident
The Naming Committee’s Recommendation:
Virginia-Highland Elementary School
The recommendation from the Committee will be considered by the Atlanta Board of Education on December 5, 2022. Stakeholders can now provide feedback using the Let's Talk Platform and/or in-person during the Public Comment section of the Board Meeting. For more information, please contact the Board Office at 404-802-2255.
- To see a complete list of names, please click here.
- To provide feedback/comments, please click here.
- Thursday|10/06/2022| 6:00-7:00pm| Meeting #1 - Introductory Meeting
- Thursday|10/27/22| 5:30-7:30pm| Meeting #2 - Listening Session/Discussion
- Thursday|11/10/2022| 5:30-7:30pm| Meeting #3 - Listening Session/Recommendation