2021-2022 New Student RegistrationOur Kindergarten (must be 5 by September 1st, 2021) and new students must live within the Bolton Academy zone to register at Bolton Academy. You can see if you currently live in the Bolton Academy zone by entering your home address HERE or click HERE to see the most recent zone map.All K-5th grade students who are new to Atlanta Public Schools will register online at home. The entire process should take about 35-40 minutes. It will go faster if you have images of all of your documents ready to go. You do have to upload them in each section so it includes several separate uploads. Be prepared to complete the application in one sitting if possible. If the screen appears to be in a read only format, please try changing your browser to Chrome as opposed to Safari. If for any reason you cannot register online at home, please contact our front office at 404-802-8350 to set up an appointment. Please go here to read more about the APS online registration process.You can click on the ONLINE ENROLLMENT APPLICATION - NEW STUDENTS ONLY link to begin the online process.
- Once you complete this step, you should receive an email from email@example.com with the subject: Welcome to Online Registration. Please scroll to the very bottom of this email. You will then see, “Please click the link below to begin the enrollment or re-registration process.” Click here to start the registration process, but please make also make a note of your 5-digit application code. This can also be found on your Online Registration Summary next to your child’s name. This 5-digit application code is how we are able to view your registration information. Once you have finalized your registration, please email this code to Ms. Gabriel our front office secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Rodriguez at Jessica.Rodriguez@apsk12.org. They will review all of your information to ensure we have everything we need to finalize your registration.
You will need the following documents to complete your registration. These are the documents you need to have ready either via a photo or scanned image.
- Parent's or Guardian's Driver's License or Acceptable ID (plus court papers for guardianship, if applicable)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (original required for Kindergarten)
- Social Security Card (original required for Kindergarten)
- Proof of Residency Documentation
- Lease, deed or mortgage statement with your name and address
- Georgia Power bill within 30 days in your name and address
- If the lease or deed is not in your name, you will also need to submit three supporting documents in your name showing the residence property address. Click here to see a list of approved supporting documents.
- Affidavit of Residency - Print and complete in either English Form or Spanish Form. You must get this document notarized. You can visit your local UPS store or bank to complete this process. Please Note: APS has updated the Residency Requirements since our February 24 meeting. You must provide an Affidavit of Residency as opposed to the Declaration of Residency discussed in the presentation.
- Certificate of Immunization (must be current - GA Form 3231)
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (must be current - GA Form 3300)
- Withdraw Paper from Previous School (if applicable)
During registration, you may receive a message that says, “Based on our records, your zoned school will be: We were unable to determine your assigned school.” This is okay and you can still complete the registration process.
If you have any questions at all about your next steps in becoming a Bolton Academy family, please email our Parent Liaison Mrs. Haley at email@example.com.
Meet Our TeachersOver the next few weeks, we will be sharing videos from our amazing Specials and Kindergarten teachers. Please click below and watch them with your incoming Kindergarten children. We want them to feel the love that our teachers feel for them!Remember if you need any help with your 2021-2022 Registration, please reach out to our front office team. We are here to help!
Prospective Parent MeetingWe hosted a Prospective Parent Meeting on February 24. If you were unable to attend, you can still watch the recorded Zoom presentation or review the presentation. The meeting was led by our Principal Mrs. Lawrence and Assistant Principal Mrs. Scharff. Parents from our PTA, Soaring Owls Foundation (SOFI) and GO Team also answered questions and provided their perspective as parents. The meeting is about an hour and we hope you will take a look!Please click below:Please Note: We previously shared that registration will open on March 5 which is what you will see in the presentation, but in order to accommodate the online inclusion of the Dual Language Immersion (DLI) application we will open registration on March 15. We apologize for the date change!Please Note: APS has updated the Residency Requirements. You must provide an Affidavit of Residency as opposed to the Declaration of Residency discussed in the presentation from February 24. This will require you to get the document notarized.