2020-2021 New Student Online Registration is OpenAs you know our building is currently closed due to COVID-19. We know our families are all in different stages of the registration process. Some of you completed your application and supporting documents in March, others completed the online application but have not submitted all of the required documents and some of you have not started registration at all. You will all be okay and you will not miss Kindergarten registration. We will figure it out together!
If you have not begun registration at all, please do everything online using the instructions below. If you have begun the process, but are missing some documents we will be reaching out shortly to finalize your application.Our Kindergarten (must be 5 by September 1st, 2020) and new students must live within the Bolton Academy zone to register at Bolton Academy. You can see if you currently live in the Bolton Academy zone by entering your home address HERE or click HERE to see the most recent zone map.All K-5th grade students who are new to Atlanta Public Schools will register online at home. The entire process should take about 35-40 minutes. It will go faster if you have images of all of your documents ready to go. You do have to upload them in each section so it includes several separate uploads. Be prepared to complete the application in one sitting if possible. If the screen appears to be in a read only format, please try changing your browser to Chrome and not Safari.Please go here to read more about online registration. Once you review, you can click on the ONLINE ENROLLMENT APPLICATION - NEW STUDENTS ONLY link to complete the online process.
- Once you complete this step, you should receive an email from email@example.com with the subject: Welcome to Online Registration. Please scroll to the very bottom of this email. You will then see, “Please click the link below to begin the enrollment or re-registration process.” Click here to start the registration process, but please make also make a note of your 5-digit application code. This can also be found on your Online Registration Summary next to your child’s name. This 5-digit application code is how we are able to view your registration information. Once you have finalized your registration, please email this code to Ms. Gabriel our front office secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Rodriguez at Jessica.Rodriguez@apsk12.org. They will review all of your information to ensure we have everything we need to finalize your registration.
You will need the following documents to complete your registration. These are the documents you need to have ready either via a photo or scanned image.
- Parent's or Guardian's Driver's License or Acceptable ID (plus court papers for guardianship, if applicable)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (original required for Kindergarten)
- Social Security Card (original required for Kindergarten)
- Proof of Residency Documentation
- Lease, deed or mortage statement with your name and address
- Georgia Power bill within 30 days in your name and address
- If the lease or deed is not in your name, you will also need to submit three supporting documents in your name showing the residence property address. Click here to see a list of approved supporting documents.
- Affidavit of Residency: All applicants must complete an Affidavit of Residency form. This form also must be notarized. The Affidavit of Residency can be found here under the Proof of Residency header.
- Certificate of Immunization (must be current - GA Form 3231)
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (must be current - GA Form 3300)
- Please schedule any doctor or dentist appointments as needed to make sure Form 3231 and Form 3300 are current at registration and/or before 08/10/20.
- Withdraw Paper from Previous School (if applicable)
During registration, you may receive a message that says, “Based on our records, your zoned school will be: We were unable to determine your assigned school.” This is okay and you can still complete the registration process.
Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Application: If you would like to apply for our DLI program, you will need to complete this application by hand. To print a copy of the DLI applications, please go here. You will need to scan and email this application to Ms. Gabriel and Ms. Rodriquez to be a part of the lottery. There is no way to upload this to APS online application so we must receive it via email if you didn't turn it in in person in March. We will keep you updated on when the DLI lottery drawing will take place.
If you have any questions at all about your next steps in becoming a Bolton Academy family, please email our Parent Liaison Mrs. Haley at email@example.com.