2020-2021 New Student Online Registration is OpenOur Kindergarten (must be 5 by September 1st, 2020) and new students must live within the Bolton Academy zone to register at Bolton Academy. You can see if you currently live in the Bolton Academy zone by entering your home address HERE or click HERE to see the most recent zone map.All K-5th grade students who are new to Atlanta Public Schools will register online either at home or in the Parent Resource Room in room 107 if you do not have access to a computer or smart phone at home. The entire process should take about 20-25 minutes. You cannot save your registration so be prepared to complete the application in one sitting. If the screen appears to be in a read only format, please try changing your browser to Chrome and not Safari.You can register in the Parent Resource Room (Room 107) between March 9th - March 13th from 9:00 - 1:00 pm if you are unable to register online at home.
- Once you complete this step, you should receive an email from email@example.com with the subject: Welcome to Online Registration. Please scroll to the very bottom of this email. You will then see, “Please click the link below to begin the enrollment or re-registration process.” Click here to start the registration process, but please make also make a note of your 5-digit application code. This can also be found on your Online Registration Summary next to your child’s name. This 5-digit application code is how we are able to view your registration information. Once you have finalized your registration, please email this code to Ms. Gabriel our front office secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Rodriguez at Jessica.Rodriguez@apsk12.org. They will review all of your information to ensure we have everything we need to finalize your registration.
You will need the following documents to complete your registration.
- Parent's or Guardian's Driver's License or Acceptable ID (plus court papers for guardianship, if applicable)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (original required for Kindergarten)
- Social Security Card (original required for Kindergarten)
- Proof of Residency Documentation
- Lease, deed or mortage statement with your name and address
- Georgia Power bill within 30 days in your name and address
- If the lease or deed is not in your name, you will also need to submit three supporting documents in your name showing the residence property address. Click here to see a list of approved supporting documents.
- Affidavit of Residency: All applicants must complete an Affidavit of Residency form. This form also must be notarized. The Affidavit of Residency can be found here under the Proof of Residency header.
- Certificate of Immunization (must be current - GA Form 3231)
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (must be current - GA Form 3300)
- Please schedule any doctor or dentist appointments as needed to make sure Form 3231 and Form 3300 are current at registration and/or before 08/10/20.
- Withdraw Paper from Previous School (if applicable)
During registration, you may receive a message that says, “Based on our records, your zoned school will be: We were unable to determine your assigned school.” This is okay and you can still complete the registration process.
There is an option to upload your supporting documents within the online registration. You are welcome to upload all of your supporting documents in pdf or jpeg. The system requires you to upload each document individually so it can be time intensive. We ask all families to bring your original documents to school regardless to complete the registration process so if you do not choose to upload your documents that is okay.
Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Application: If you would like to apply for our DLI program, you will need to complete this application by hand. To print a copy of the DLI applications, please go here.
The final step is to come to Bolton Academy (2268 Adams Drive) Monday, March 9th-Friday, March 13th between the hours of 9:00 am – 1:00 pm to show your original documents and have your child screened by one of our Kindergarten teachers. There is nothing for your child to prepare for, but please let them know they will be away from you for about 10-15 minutes. It will be a simple assessment of letters and numbers to determine what they know. If you have not emailed Ms. Gabriel or Ms. Rodriguez your five digit code, you will need to bring it with you or else we cannot pull up your registration information.
If you have any questions at all about your next steps in becoming a Bolton Academy family, please email or call our Parent Liaison Mrs. Haley at 404-802-8368 or email@example.com.