Time And Talent
Many of the activities in and around Bolton are supported, organized and provided by parents and friends of Bolton. If you have any interest in getting involved, sharing your story and talents, your time, or even moral support. We want you to join us however, wherever it best works for you and your student.
We need help with events, donations, supplies, readers, classroom volunteers and much more. Whether you can take time out to read a story, help with a classroom’s celebration activities, take on coordination of an event, or donate resources and materials, each and every level of assistance is greatly appreciated!
How do I volunteer in my child's classroom?
Contact your child’s teacher via Class Dojo and ask how you can volunteer. Teachers’ volunteer needs vary from classroom to classroom. All teachers need a room parent(s) to help with the facilitation of parties, etc. in the classroom as well as volunteers to help with items such as bulletin board creation, etc.
How do I volunteer for a Field Trip?
If your teacher sends a message asking for Field Trip volunteers, you must have a completed Volunteer Release Form on file. Please see below for the necessary steps to complete it. Here is some general information regarding our field trips:
- Parents can not ride on the school bus, but can either follow the bus or meet at the location. Please confirm with your teacher the meeting spot at the location in advance of leaving.
- The entrance fees for chaperones for some field trips are funded and others require the chaperone to pay their own way. Please be prepared to pay the entrance fee if you want to chaperone.
- Please note that teachers may set a cap for number of chaperones per class so every parent that wants to volunteer on a field trip gets the opportunity to do so.
Paperwork Required to Volunteer
For the safety of our children, ALL school volunteers must complete the required paperwork before volunteering. There are 3 volunteer levels:
- Level 1: Volunteer is a non-district personnel who will have no interaction with students.
- Level 2: Volunteer is a non-district personnel who will have supervised interaction with students.
- Level 3: Volunteer is a non-district personnel who will have unsupervised interaction with students.
Most of our volunteers will be Level 2 volunteers.
You must complete the following steps to be a volunteer:
- Submit a VOLUNTEER RELEASE FORM (CLICK HERE) to be on file with the school and the Office of Safety and Security. Please complete both pages.
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license with the form
- Acknowledge that your identity will be run through the Sex Offender Database.
You can email your documents to Melanie Haley at email@example.com or bring them to the Parent Resource Center in Room 107.